1103 Ranck Mill Road
Lancaster, PA 17602
Toll Free 1-888-ACE-RENT
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are Ace the Party Place's store hours?
- Ace the Party Place
Winter hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday and Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00
p.m. Tuesday through Thursday, and
to Noon Saturday. We are closed on Sunday.
- How do I get to Ace the Party Place?
- Complete directions can be found on the Map page.
- Is there parking?
- Yes, we have ample parking.
- Do you have another store close to me?
- Our Lancaster store is our only location.
- Do you deliver?
- Yes, delivery is available. There is a charge based on the particular
order and the distance to be traveled. Your event planner will be happy
to provide you with a quote, or check our Delivery Estimator.
- Can I get an order delivered or picked up late at night,
on a Sunday, or a holiday?
- Special arrangements can be made ahead of time to accommodate unusual circumstances.
The fee will vary depending on the items and the time.
- I really need something but you're closed. What do
- Either wait until we're open, or if it is an emergency, call our local store
phone number (717-393-1707). Our answering service will attempt to contact
an employee to help you. Please realize that you may be charged a minimum
$75.00 after-hours fee. It could be more depending on the nature of your
- Can I reserve an item?
- Yes. We recommend reserving equipment ahead of time as the best way
of insuring availability when you need it.
In general, the best suggestion we have is to reserve something as soon as you
know you will need it. Availability varies widely by the item, the day of
the week, the season, and the weather. No single time is appropriate for
- How late can I change my order?
- You can change your order at any time before the rental starts.
- What is your cancellation policy?
- You are welcome to cancel at any time. Notification as soon as possible
is, of course, greatly appreciated since that allows us to rent the item to another
customer. We would much rather have you call to cancel a rental instead
of just not showing up for it.
- When does my rental time start and stop?
- Your rental time technically starts when the contract is initiated and stops
when the contract is checked in by your rental agent. However, for party
rentals, the time period is more "event" oriented. We will take your special
circumstances into account and charge accordingly.
- Can I return an item when Ace the Party Place is closed?
- The only items which can be returned after hours are trucks, which can be
locked securely. There is no place to safely leave other pieces of equipment.
You would be held responsible for any items dropped off after hours and subsequently
- I really like this piece of equipment. Can I buy
- Yes, Ace the Party Place is always happy to sell our used equipment.
The price we quote is based on the age and condition of the item as well as the
length of time you've been renting it. The sooner you notify us of your
desire to purchase something, the better the price. You can .
- Can I get a better price if I rent an item for an extended
period of time?
- Yes. Everything we rent is on a rate scale that tells your rental agent
how much to charge for a certain period of time. We recommend you ask for
a price quote for the expected rental period.
- What do I need in order to rent?
- If you or your company has an established charge account with Ace Rents, Inc.,
we follow the guidelines provided by your company. For an individual or
company that does not have an account with us, we require, at minimum, a valid
Pennsylvania driver's license or equivalent picture ID. Out-of-state contractors
may be required to provide us with a credit card as a security. Additionally
for some items, a deposit may be requested at the time of rental.
Please contact one of our sales representatives to discuss your particular situation.
- When do I pay?
- Payment varies with the particular situation. While it would be
best to discuss your options with your rental agent, generally payment for party
rentals is requested at the beginning of the rental. A deposit may be required
up front on some items with the rental being deducted on return. For
long term rentals (more than one month) we do expect maintenance payments to be
- How do I pay for my rental?
- Ace the Party Place accepts cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, MAC, and checks
for payment of rentals. If you would like us to bill you or your company,
it is necessary to first establish a charge account. And, like the
Olympics, we do not accept American Express.
Deposits are accepted in all the forms listed above with the exception of checks.
We are not able to accept a check for deposit.
- What if something is stolen?
- First, call the police, then call Ace the Party Place.
- What should I do if the equipment I'm renting breaks?
- The first thing you should do is call Ace the Party Place to make us aware
of the situation. We will advise you of the next step depending on the circumstances.
- Do I have to wash equipment before I return it?
- Equipment such as china and glassware should be rinsed clean. Linens
and costumes should not be washed, but should be returned free of debris.
Food service equipment such as grills and hot dog rollers should be washed for
sanitary reasons. Ace the Party Place reserves the right to add a cleaning
charge if items are returned excessively soiled.
- What kind of costumes do you have?
- Ace the Party Place has over 500 different costumes from which to choose.
The collection consists primarily of masquerade and Halloween costumes.
Most of our costumes are in adult sizes, but we do rent a selection of children's
costumes. Please consult our on-line listing,
download our Halloween Price List (121.83 KB),
or call the store with a specific request.
- Do you rent helium?
- No, we sell helium. We do rent the tanks. Because of the
many variables involved with helium, you should discuss your application with
one of our event planners.
- Can you give me ideas for a party?
- Ace the Party Place's event planners have a seemingly endless supply of themes
and ideas suitable for any occasion which can be adapted to your special event.
- I'm getting married but don't know where to start.
Can you help me?
- Yes. Our event planners will help you plan every step of the way, from
wording your invitations to arranging a bridal shower to decorating for the reception.
- Can you recommend a good caterer / reception site
/ bartender / florist?
- We've compiled a list covering the above and more. It's free for
the asking. Just call 717-393-1701 or send an
note requesting our party resource list.
- Can you set up this party equipment for me?
- Yes we can. Our professional delivery personnel can do whatever the
job requires, whether it's one table or a tented party. Your event coordinator
can advise you of the cost for your particular job.
- What size table do I need?
- A 4' round table seats 6 people comfortably - up to 8 people.
- A 5' round table seats 8 -10 people.
- A 6' round table seats 10 -12 people.
- A 6' x 30" rectangular table seats 3 people per side plus one at each end
(6 - 8 people).
- An 8' x 30" rectangular table seat 4 per side plus one at each end (8 - 10
- Our event planners can advise you more precisely.
Copyright © 1997-2010 Ace Rents, Inc. All Rights Reserved.